Since Venture has begun focusing on indigenous outreach over 5000 indigenous students have been reached through efforts including workshops, McMaster’s STEM Conference, and indigenous bursary spots in camp. All of these engagements include the same high quality science and engineering projects Venture is known for.
Venture Indigenous Bursary
If you are an Indigenous student going into grades 1-8, you may be eligible for a bursary to Venture Camp in the summer of 2017. The bursary program is limited and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Complete the Venture 2017 Registration
- Print out and complete in ink OR save the form as a PDF and complete electronically. Read carefully and fill out the form entirely.
- Write a letter stating what elementary or middle school you attend, what aboriginal group you are affiliated with, and why you want to come to camp.
- Provide a copy of your 2016 tax summary to confirm your financial situation.
- Submit your Bursary Application attached as a PDF by email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR fax to (905) 546-5492 OR drop off in person OR mail to 1280 Main Street W, John Hodgins Engineering Building Room A201D, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4L7.
- Online registrations will not accept bursary requests. Please do not register your child online if you are applying for a bursary.
- Each request for a bursary is individually approved by Ms. Carm Vespi, Manager, Alumni Relations, with complete discretion. The registration will be entered manually by the office. All Bursary applications will be kept confidential. Please contact Carm Vespi for more information at email@example.com, or call (905) 525-9140, ext. 24906.
- If you are awarded a bursary, the remaining balance must be paid by credit card or cash only.
- If you are in high school, please visit http://leap.mcmaster.ca/aboriginal.html